The Mindfulness Community of Milwaukee is a Buddhist sangha in the tradition of the Vietnamese monk, Thich Nhat Hanh. We invite you to come and join others who share the value of mindfulness. We especially welcome those new to the practice of meditation.
We now offer meditation in two locations. For our Marian Center (southside location) schedule please click on the Marian Center Tab at the top.
We invite you to review our Sangha Brochure.
All are welcome to join us. There are no dues or fees – we are funded by your kind donations.
THIS IS OUR WEEKLY SCHEDULE:
* Sunday mornings 8 – 9:30 am: sitting and walking meditation and discussion
* Sunday mornings 10 – 11 am: sitting and walking meditation 11 – 12 noon: readings and discussion
NEW: 2nd Sunday: 9:15 am: Open invitation to the community to learn about the center and Free meditation instruction is available.
* 5th Sunday: Tea ceremony and mindful cleaning practice at center
*Sunday Evenings 11-Step Meditation Meeting – 6:30 – 7:30 pm 11 Step Meditation and 12 Step recovery meeting. Open to all interested in working a 12 Step recovery program or working a 12 Step program.
* Monday, Wednesday Friday mornings, 6:30 – 7 am: sitting and walking meditation
*Tuesdays 12:15-1:15PM – 11-Step Meditation Meeting – 12:15-1:15 pm 11 Step Meditation and 12 Step recovery meeting. Open to all interested in working a 12 Step recovery program or working a 12 Step program.
* Wednesday evenings, 7 – 8:30 pm: sitting and walking meditation, readings and discussion.
1st Wednesday of the month: 6 – 6:45 pm: Free drop-in meditation instruction.
* Thursday mornings, 7:30 – 9 am: Spirit-Mind-Body Study Group of Columbia/St. Mary’s Hospital meets at our center. Half-hour of meditation, presentation by group members, and discussion. All are welcome.
* Thursday evening meditation SOUTH SIDE LOCATION: 7 – 8:30 : sitting and walking meditation, readings and discussion. IMPORTANT CLICK HERE: NEW IN MAY: This meeting is changing location to the Marion Center on the Southside.
Friday evenings 7-8:30 Starting June 28th East Side Location: New study group of Thich Nhat Hanh’s The Path of Emancipation
View our Sangha By-laws.