The Mindfulness Community of Milwaukee is a Buddhist sangha in the tradition of the Vietnamese monk, Thich Nhat Hanh. We invite you to come and join others who share the value of mindfulness. We especially welcome those new to the practice of meditation.
We now offer meditation in two locations. For our Marian Center (southside location) schedule please click on the Marian Center Tab at the top.
We invite you to review our Sangha Brochure.
All are welcome to join us. There are no dues or fees – we are funded by your kind donations.
THIS IS OUR WEEKLY SCHEDULE:
* Sunday mornings 8 – 9:30 am: sitting and walking meditation and discussion
* Sunday mornings 10 – 11 am: sitting and walking meditation 11 – 12 noon: readings and discussion
NEW: 2nd Sunday in January, April, July and October, 12:30 – 1:30: Open invitation to the community to learn about the center and free meditation instruction is available.
* Sunday Evenings 11-Step Meditation Meeting – 6:30 – 7:30 pm 11 Step Meditation and 12 Step recovery meeting. Open to all interested in working a 12 Step recovery program or working a 12 Step program.
* Monday, Wednesday Friday mornings, 6:30 – 7 am: sitting and walking meditation
* Monday Evenings, 7pm-8:30pm: Alternating periods of sitting and walking meditation repeated for the hour and a half meditation. No readings or discussion. Does not meet the 2nd Monday of the month.
*Tuesdays 12:15-1:15PM – 11-Step Meditation Meeting – 12:15-1:15 pm 11 Step Meditation and 12 Step recovery meeting. Open to all interested in working a 12 Step recovery program or working a 12 Step program.
*Tuesday Evenings 7:00 – 8:30 pm in Waukesha: Sitting meditation, shared reading and mindful conversation. Everyone is welcome, from beginners to experienced meditators. Please note that this meeting is held at the United Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 506 N. Washington Ave., Waukesha, WI 53188.
* Wednesday evenings, 7 – 8:30 pm: sitting and walking meditation, readings and discussion.
* Thursday mornings, 7:30 – 9 am: Spirit-Mind-Body Study Group of Columbia/St. Mary’s Hospital meets at our center. Half-hour of meditation, presentation by group members, and discussion. All are welcome.
* Thursday evening meditation SOUTH SIDE LOCATION: 7 – 8:30 : sitting and walking meditation, readings and discussion. Free meditation instruction is available at 6pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month. IMPORTANT CLICK HERE: This meeting location is at the Marion Center on the Southside.
The Spring 2014 Mindfulness In Everyday Life class, taught by Dr. Paul Norton begins April 12th & 16th at the Marian Center location.
View our Sangha By-laws.